Directed by Les Shankland, Director of Music, St Vincent’s Chapel, composed in 1680, this rarely performed work is regarded as the very first Lutheran oratorio, and was intended to be the focus of a devotional concert rather than a liturgical service. It is divided into seven parts, each addressed to a different limb of Christ’s crucified body. The text is drawn from a medieval poem.
Add to Calendar
15th August 2019 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm